Data Protection – What do we do with your data?
Durrants are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Durrants may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:-
- Name, address, telephone number
- Name of party members and ages.
E-mail address for confirmation of bookings and point of contact
Bank details if we need to return any money to you by BACS upon request only.
What we do with this information
In order to provide information that you have requested or to fulfil our contractual obligations with you or to comply with a legal requirement we may use this information to:-
- Confirm bookings and payments to you and the homeowner.
Make a payment to you or collect a payment from you via our Accounts team/booking team.
Send information to you about property or services that may be of interest to you in relation to your holiday cottage.
Ask Contractors to attend to repairs on rental properties if something requires immediate attention during your stay.
- Notify you of any changes to your key collection.
- We will share your data with third party service providers or other departments within Durrants where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so. Third parties include owners of the property.
- Should maintenance contractors require entry to the property whilst you are staying there, we will give them your name only. In some circumstances where a contractor may need a follow-up call with you we will, with your permission, supply them with your mobile telephone number.
- We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your information for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions and your permission.
- We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. When you have booked your holiday with us, this information is recorded on your booking, ie name, address, party details and contact number and e-mail address.
- A booking history with Durrants is recorded on your details.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com. We are unable to restrict the information in relation to a booking.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.